Thanks to my parents, David and I had a few days away this weekend! Micah spent Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon with them, and we headed to Holland and Grand Rapids, Michigan.
We stayed overnight at one of our favorite hotels--CityFlats in Holland. The weather wasn't very warm, but there was no precipitation. We realized that this was the longest we had both been away from Micah in his life. Strange to think about... David has been away longer at various times, but we had not gone away together for two nights. We do get away for one night at a time every so often and we decided we better do this quickly before the next one comes and cramps our style for a while!
Micah had a blast (I think Mom and Dad did, too). He had been anticipating this so much that he could hardly sleep at nap time on Friday. When we got there to drop him off and were saying goodbye, he gave me a sweet hug and then literally pushed me out the door, saying "I want you to go outside now." I think he thought, well, I've said goodbye already, so let's not prolong this; I've got other things to do. It was hilarious, and we knew he'd be okay!
It was quite a luxury to wake up on my own and just lounge around for two mornings in a row. One of the reasons we like this hotel is because of the beds and linens--just lovely! Even with my pregnancy-induced sleeping issues I got great sleep. Also, it is LEED Gold certified, which is cool.
We ate some good food, visited the Grand Rapids Art Museum and generally relaxed. Now back to real life. It was so good to see Micah again and, even though we had fun, home is a great place to be.
Sunday, March 24, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sounds lovely!
ReplyDeleteThat looks like a really fun place to stay! So glad you enjoyed your time away and Micah enjoyed time with his grandparents :)
ReplyDelete