Sunday, January 13, 2013

It's a new year!

Happy New Year! I guess it's been a month and a half since I last posted. There is nothing much new to report. We are pleased with Micah's recovery from surgery. You can't really see the incision at all any more, he just looks like he has a funky haircut ("what was that mom thinking?!" kind of hair). We continue to see growth and development in Micah, especially in his speech. He is just talking a lot more all the time, interacting and actually having conversations, even with people besides us. We are grateful for this progress and are hopeful that this might mean good things ahead for his EEG in May. At the same time, he is also catching up on some--how shall I say it--less helpful phases, behaviorally. So, we try to be patient and figure out ways of setting and maintaining boundaries for him that work for him and for us at this stage of his development. We also have many wonderful, delightful times together, I want to be clear about that!

My prayer for this coming year is that we will all experience healing as we continue on this unexpected journey. We also look forward to meeting our new little one in May! Every once in a while, Micah will pat me and say with excitement, "There's a baby in there!" Let's hope he's just as excited in 4 months when there's a baby "out here".

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! I was just thinking of you all and wondering how life is going for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was nice to see you briefly in Meijer the other day. Praying for healing, patience, & wisdom are you travel this journey this yr. So excited for you for the birth of your baby in May!

    ReplyDelete