On Tuesday night we will drive to Chicago, and, we hope, stay at the Ronald McDonald house for the night in preparation for Micah's brain PET scan on Wednesday morning. We have to be at the office in Westchester (a suburb of Chicago) by 7:15am. He will be sedated and injected with a glucose tracer for testing purposes. We plan to come back home that afternoon after he comes out of recovery. We probably won't know results for a week or so, when we might know more about whether or not our doctor will recommend surgery. I try not to think too much about that yet. For now, though, we are just enjoying the seizure-free, keto-free life. And even the things, like fire alarms, that make our otherwise normal life, um, interesting.
Friday, March 9, 2012
[imagine fire alarm noise here]
So, did you hear that some kid pulled the fire alarm at daycare? Yep. That was my kid. This is the news that greeted me at Thursday's pick-up. Micah is curious about every thing--what it does, how it works, etc. Maybe it is surprising that it hasn't happened before. After all, a fire alarm is a shiny red box on an otherwise boring wall, at just the right height for a tall 3-year-old. Fortunately it was not too cold or rainy that morning. But because they had not had warning, the fire engines actually came. What a brouhaha! The director assured me that it has happened before. I had a talk with Micah in the hall after I picked him up, pointing out the fire alarm and stressing the "never, never, never" nature of it. What seemed to sober him up considerably was when I told him that it was scary for people when he did that. He doesn't like to be scared. Even several hours later he would randomly say, "People were scared of the loud noise!" I guess we'll just have to see if it sticks. Here's hoping! I'll just tuck that story away for sometime later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Praise God for a "normal" & "interesting" life!
ReplyDeleteThe fire alarm thing is cracking us up here! We have never had to worry about something like that with Josiah but I can definitely see it in Oliver's future!
ReplyDelete